Saturday, April 23, 2016

♥ April Ipsy Unboxing + March Review ♥

♥ April Ipsy Unboxing + March Review ♥



Ipsy is a monthly subscription box for beauty/skin/hair products.

Cost: $10 per month
They ship to the U.S., and Canada




There is a wide variety of options for Ipsy bags. You take a quiz when you first sign up (this can be retaken as many times as you like). This effects what is in your bag each month.

Each time you get a bag you have the option of reviewing the items you received. I've found that this is the best way to effect what you get in your bag each month. The more reviews you complete the more likely you are to like your bags.

For each item you review you receive 10 ipsy points. You can spend these points on rewards that seem to be leftovers from all the bags.

Here is my referral link

I was not given this box. All opinions are my own. Based off my preferences! :D

Three items sealed: Two items NO seal



My First Impression:
Hair oil. As I have the oiliest hair ever grown... I wasn't exactly happy about getting this. However, as it says below this is THE original. I'm looking forward to using it to compare it to all of its followers.

Website Claims:
-Get the silky, shiny and healthy hair, nourished, manageable and smooth hair, detangles, speeds up drying time and boosts shine
-Moroccanoil® Treatment is the product that pioneered oil-infused hair care and created the worldwide buzz on argan oil.
-Can be used as a conditioning, styling and finishing tool
- Infused with antioxidant-rich argan oil and shine-boosting vitamins

Winner of many awards

Ipsy Website Claims:
STYLIST TIP:
Start from the bottom up! Focus oil application on your ends before running your fingers through the body of wet or dry hair.






My First Impression:
I have soo many highlights but I like the shape, packaging, and color of this one. It has a sickly sweet smell (whyyy?) Blends BEAUTIFULLY.

Website Claims:
It is high performance, comes on smooth and lasts all day and night.
Vegan, free of toxic chemicals, and not tested on animals. 
Ipsy Website Claims:It's totally buildable and has an ultra-blendable formula
STYLIST TIP:
Apply highligher to your cheekbones, cupid's bow, chin, bridge of nose and forehead for lit-from-within radiance.




My First Impression:
As you can see above it is one of the items that came to me broken. I tried putting the two parts together (there is dried glue in the hole) but it doesn't fit well (the handle rocks back and forth). This makes it ironic considering their website claim below about the brushes being designed/redesigned for maximum precision and control.... I have contacted Ipsy about this problem and they got back to me within 7hrs and sent out some sort of replacement for this item and the other item below that arrived broken.

I want to add that I have THREE other Luxie brushes (the pink above) that are PERFECT without a single issue. These dreamcatcher brushes seem to be from the past holidays and they are unloading them.
Website Claims:
- Silky soft and gentle enough for all skin types
- Each makeup brush is designed, and some redesigned, for maximum precision and control in makeup application.
Features:
-Periwinkle color
-100% Cruelty-free
-100% Vegan
-100% Paraben-free
-Coated with antibacterial solution
-Premium Grade Fibers
Tapered Highlight Brush 522– Redisigned- More Tapered. Great for: Powder/Liquid Highlight, Baking Technique, Undereye Setting Powder, Contour, Lightweight Undereye Concealor 





My First Impression:
Bummer. This item came melted into the top of the cap. I will have to scrap it out and see if I can fill a little container or something. Like I said above I contacted Ipsy about this problem and they responded within 7hrs of my email and sent out a replacement with tracking number and separate from my April bag! 

I'll post next month my extras!

4 shades: Wonder (poppy), Serene (apricot pink), Illusion (rose berry), Empowered (soft pink)

Website Claims:
- Ultra-moisturizing, full coverage lip crème
- Rich, creamy color veil with a luxurious texture. 


Ipsy Website Claims:
- Eco-chic, cruelty-free product
- Infused with their famous maracuja oil
-Doubles as cheek tint




My First Impression:
I went a little crazy on the swatches and broke the tip off. :/ Ha ha. Whoops. I love the way it feels and it is mechanical. 

Ipsy Website Claims:
- Intensely-pigmented
- Ultra-soft 
- Without pulling or scratching.

Total spent for the bag: $10
Total bag is worth: $76.43
Total saved: $66.43

MARCH IPSY REVIEW



Passed this along to a friend


 2. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick  in "Soft Spoken" 4ml - Full Size - $7
- Love the color!
- Doesn't get matte enough (more satin than matte)
- Wears well - starts to fade inside lips first but not bad
- Favorite (except now that it is warmer I never feel like wearing this darker color)


 3. Manna Kadar Beauty Fantasy 3-in-1 Blush, Eyeshadow, and Highlight - Full Size - 3g $19
- Amazing shade
- No fall out
- Pigmented
- Shimmer
- NEVER use for blush/highlight (weird)


 4. Pixi by Petra Beauty Blush Duo in "Rose Gold" without kabuki brush Luxury - size - $11.76
- Lovely blush color/wears well
- Too yellow as a highlight but I used it under my eyes to mask my under eye darkness!


 5. Beau Gâchis Paris Eyeshadow Brush - Full Size - $12
- Brush! lol Like it. It is soft, firm enough, doesn't shed.



Thank you so much for following along.


No comments:

Post a Comment