Sunday, April 24, 2016

★ April Birchbox Unboxing + March Review ★

★ April Birchbox Unboxing + March Review ★



Birchbox is a monthly beauty and lifestyle sample box for $10.88 monthly.
Ships to: U.S., France, Spain, UK, and Canada.

Each month, subscribers have one of three options to choose from.
You can choose the featured box: You see everything that will be in the box
You can choose the single sample: You pick one sample to be in your box and the rest are random
You can choose the random: Don't do anything and everything is a surprise/random


This box I chose the random: full surprise!
You take a quiz when you subscribe to help steer your items to your tastes.

You can review the items that were in your box for points. Each item is worth 10 points in the Birchbox store. $5 in store is 50 Birchbox points.


Each box comes with a card that has the monthly theme and a list of the contents. It also has the price of the items and a little blurb about the item and/or how to use it.




Five items: 1 Sealed: 4 No Seal






A face wash! One of my favorite items to get. This has a very fine sand in it and not much of a scent. Smells a little bit floral/soapy but I'm sensitive to scents and this one is barely there.


A hair mask. My least favorite item to get. Ha ha. I will use this one though because it isn't just a conditioner. The directions say you can put it on hair after shampoo and leave it for 5-10 minutes (what? lol that is eternity). OR you can  put it on under a plastic cap and let it sit for 20 minutes! I'm going to give that a try.



8 scents: Lavender, Pomegranate, Almond, Blueberry, Lemongrass, Coconut, Acai Grapefruit and Original

I received the Lavender scent. I'm not a big fan of the scent at all. There is barely any in this container.. I don't mind getting tiny samples but I loathe when they are in GIANT packaging and I have to work at it to get the dollop out! I feel as though I would have to cut this open.

I really appreciate getting this kind of sample though! I like getting a LARGE variety. 


2 shades: This one pictures above and a light pinkish color (no names on website)

This is a slightly muted red but still a pigmented red shade.


 I read a lot of reviews that described this as a "perfect every day lip color" but this is the opposite of what I would consider "every day" I consider this more of a special occasion/night out/hang out color. Every day colors are usually lip dupe/natural colors to me. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing this to work/school.

As you can see in the swatch above though you can try and put it on VERY lightly?





This comes in three shades: Fair to Light; Light to Medium; Medium to Dark

Top is product
Bottom is blended in


I received the fair to light shade and it seems a little dark for my tastes. It is sheer though and it blended perfectly into my hand.

Total spent for the bag: $10.88
Total bag is worth: $28.31
Total saved: $17.43

MARCH REVIEW

  1. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Fresh Cut Treatment - Luxury Size - 1oz for $7.05 (Full Size 3.4oz $24)

I'm not sure that I see any difference using this product. I might have to get a haircut then try and use it and see if there is any different after that?

  1. The Balm Cosmetics Stainiac - Luxury Size - 0.04 oz for $2.27 (Full Size 0.3 oz $17)

I use this one coat under lip balm for a little bit of color but it is a terrible product. Sticky. Horrible chemical burning taste. I would not purchase any of these full size.

  1. Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris - Sample Size - 2ml for $3.20 (Full Size 50ml for $80)

I already owned this so... nothing new. Not a huge fan of the scent. I passed along this sample to a friend.

  1. NER:D Skincare Miraculous Brightening Clarifying Face Cleanser - Luxury Size - 15ml for $3 (Full Size 100ml for $20)

I love this! I feel like I have noticed a brightening difference in my skin after using this. The sample was large enough to use over and over. I might buy the full size of this soon!

  1. Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate (For Face) - Sample Size - 1ml for $2.23 (Full size 30 ml for $67)

I like serums like this one but this is one sample. I have serums.... this wasn't any different than putting water on my face. Plus it is really expensive? No reason to buy this rather than the one I currently use.

Thank you so much for following along


No comments:

Post a Comment