Wednesday, March 23, 2016

♥ March Ipsy Unboxing + February Review ♥

♥ March Ipsy Unboxing + February Review ♥


Ipsy is a monthly subscription box for makeup products.
I was not given this box. All opinions are my own. Based off my preferences! :D
Cost: $10 per month
They ship to the U.S., and Canada

There is a wide variety of options for Ipsy bags. You take a quiz when you first sign up (this can be retaken as many times as you like). This effects what is in your bag each month. 

Each time you get a bag you have the option of reviewing the items you received. I've found that this is the best way to effect what you get in your bag each month. The more reviews you complete the more likely you are to like your bags. 

Here is my referral link






Below: doe foot applicator
Below: cute gem style top on the cap
 Below: swatch while wet (left one swipe; right two swipes)
 Below: swatch after it looked dry (less than 3 minutes)
 Below: swatch after it looked dry.... ran finger over to see if it smeared. Yes it does. lol I waited 15 minutes and tried this again on the bottom portion and it had the same effect. The most smearable liquid lipstick I have. It is a liquid suede (not matte) cream lipstick...
 Below: Before/No Product
Below: One coat
 Below: Long stripe is this liquid lipstick
I was comparing my lip liners: From top dash to bottom: Ofra liner in "Orchid", Rimmel London liner 011 Spice, and Lord and Berry liner in "Nude"
I think the top (Ofra "orchid" fits best with it)

Ipsters got colors Pink Lust, Kitten Heels, or Soft Spoken
I received "Soft Spoken"
Which I'm PRETTY happy with! The other two colors are a fushia pink and a darkish red

Website claims:
Waterproof
Infused with: Avocado oil and Vit E
Dries matte (eh..)
Applies opaque (true)
Long-wearing (we'll see)
Vivid color in one creamy swipe (true)

2. Pixi by Petra Beauty Blush Duo in "Rose Gold" without kabuki brush Luxury - size - $11.76 (sold only with brush for $18)
(To find the price I compared it to the other products prices based on ounce that do not include a brush)



I love the blush side but I'm not sure about the yellow "highlight" side. We'll see.

Website claims:
Natural glow
Silky blush/sheer
natural mineral powder that reflects light
applies true to color
hydrating
lightweight
can be worn alone or layered? Interesting.





I have soooo many smoothing creams. I gave away the ones I didn't like and kept the ones I do. So.. hopefully I like this one! I feel as though I'm a smoothing cream expert!

Website claims:
ultra light
mediterranean oliver oil 
argan oil
shea butter
anti-frizz lock technology? (makes waves/curls straight)
Keratin (strengthen)
Vit E (nourishes)
Glossy
Smooth
Body

(I'm saying this is full size even though a weight isn't on the website. Mine says 3g and most of my eye shadow singles are around 3g and are full size)


 Below: Left swipe is first swipe; right swipe is the leftover! Not extra product (NO digging)
 This is highlight pigmented! I'm shocked because I had heard from spoilers that it wasn't. Look at the beautiful!? lol It looks SO plain in the container. I didn't expect shimmerbeauty lol

Website claims:
pigmented
long-lasting
wet/dry
apply on decolletage (um..no)
blush/highlight/eyeshadow in one (um..no way am I putting this on my cheeks lol or under my eyebrow)





Yay! Yessss feed my brush obsessssion! This is pretty and I'm hoping it will be my new favorite eyeshadow brush. It is smaller than the one I normally use. I really like the density. Not too loose.. not too dense. 

Website claims:
handcrafted
high grade animal and synthetic hair
natural wood
copper ferrules
High quality? Indeed!

Total spent for the bag: $10
Total bag is worth: $52.01
Total saved: $42.01

I'm really excited about the lipstick, brush, and shadow.... the smoothing lotion is meh and the blush/highlight duo is as well. That's a WIN!
 


Always impressed with Trust Fund beauty polishes, this one is no different. I want them ALL. I wish they would create more of a rainbow of colors so I could buy the shades I REALLY love. 


2.  Tre'StiQue Baby Blush Stick in "Bora Bora Coral" - Deluxe Sample - ?? (Full Size $28 on sale from $34)

This has fast become my favorite blush. I normally dislike stick blushes because they apply directly to my face (bleh!) It is a powder, blends like a dream, lovely color, and it is scentless. Perfection.

3. Margaret Dabbs London Miniature Crystal Nail File - Full Size - $17.04 (£12)
Love this! I was so excited to get one because I had been wanting one. I use it every chance I get (when my nail splits or starts to peel) and it helps IMMEDIATELY and without tearing up my nail.

4. Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Oil - Deluxe size - 0.13oz for $5.60 (Full Size 1oz for $42)

I wasn't thrilled with an oil based primer for makeup (on account of the oil I already make) but I've been using this as a nail oil and it is the BEST I've ever used! One dab covers all 10 of my fingernails. It makes them feel lovely and they split less. My nails are doing pretty great now. I think I'm getting one of these in my first Birch box (If I get the one my friend did.... I hope so lol so I get a second bottle of this)


5. Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion - Deluxe Size - 0.25oz for $7.28 (Full Size 2oz $58)

Ugh! There was barely any product in this bottle when I tried to use it. I had to cut it open and scrape it out to get ONE face/upper neck coverage

It felt nice (fine grit) not too harsh for my sensitive skin and smelled minty. Disappointed with the size though. I'm downgrading this to a sample and not a deluxe size. 1/4oz.




Thank you so much for following along. 


No comments:

Post a Comment